Mastering Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+Use Samsung Galaxy S8 Bluetooth to exchange data or media files with other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Samsung is not responsible for the loss, interception, or misuse of data sent or received via Bluetooth.
- Always ensure that you share and receive data with devices that are trusted and properly secured. If there are obstacles between the devices, the operating distance may be reduced.
- Some devices, especially those that are not tested or approved by the Bluetooth SIG, may be incompatible with your device.
- Do not use the Bluetooth feature for illegal purposes (for example, pirating copies of files or illegally tapping communications for commercial purposes).
Galaxy S8 Manual Pairing with other Bluetooth devices
- On the Galaxy S8 Settings screen, tap Connections, Bluetooth, and then tap the switch to activate it.
- The detected devices are listed.
- Select a device to pair with.
- If the device you want to pair with is not in the list, request that the device turns on its visibility option. Refer to the other device’s user manuals.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S8 is visible to other devices while the Bluetooth settings screen is open.
- Accept the Bluetooth connection request on your device to confirm.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Sending and receiving data
Many apps support data transfer via Samsung Galaxy S8 Bluetooth. You can Setup Galaxy S8, share data, such as contacts or media files, with other Bluetooth devices. The following Samsung Galaxy S8 User Guide actions are an example of sending an image to another device.
- Tap Gallery on the Apps screen.
- Select an image.
- Tap Share ? Bluetooth, and then select a device to transfer the image to.
- If your device has paired with the device before, tap the device name without confirming the auto-generated passkey.
- If the device you want to pair with is not in the list, request that the device turns on its visibility option.
- Accept the Bluetooth connection request on the other device.
Unpairing Bluetooth Galaxy S8
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections ? Bluetooth.
- The device displays the paired devices in the list.
- Tap next to the device name to unpair.
- Tap Unpair.
Mastering Galaxy S8/S8+
Allow other devices to find your device to share content with you. When this feature is
activated, your device will be visible to other devices when they search for available devices using their Transfer files to device option.
On the Settings screen, tap Connections and tap the Device visibility switch to activate it.
Keep track of your data usage amount and customise the settings for the limitation.
On the Samsung Galay S8 Settings screen, tap Connections ? Data usage.
- Mobile data: Set the device to use data connections on any mobile network.
- Background data: Prevent apps that are running in the background from using a mobile data connection.
- Set mobile data limit: Set a limit for mobile data usage.
- To change the monthly reset date for the monitoring period, tap ? Change cycle.
Limiting data usage
Set the Galaxy S8 to automatically disable the mobile data connection when the amount of mobile data you have used reaches your specified limit.
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections ? Data usage, and then tap the Set mobile data limit switch to activate it.
- Drag the limit adjustment bar upwards or downwards to set the limit.
- Drag the warning adjustment bar upwards or downwards to set a data usage alert level.
- The device will alert you when the warning level is reached. Flight mode
On the Settings screen, tap Connections and tap the Flight mode switch to activate it.
Make sure to Mastering Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ and the device is turned off during takeoff and landing. After takeoff, you can use the device in flight mode if allowed by aircraft personnel.